We are an international educational consulting company that works with education leaders to develop the strategy and confidence to lead bold change—and provide the embedded supports to make change happen.
As former teachers, coaches, school leaders, and high-level district and state administrators, we appreciate the challenges, nuances, and opportunities of implementing large-scale change and we know the keys to making them stick.
Since 2000, we have supported schools, districts, charter management organizations, and states through some of their largest challenges, including:
- successfully turning around chronically under-performing schools through a variety of evidence-based school improvement supports,
- training aspiring and current leaders to be strategic and get the right things done through leadership academies and executive coaching, and
- helping to change the culture of teacher growth to one of trust through PLCs, professional development, and instructional coaching.
The efficacy of our work has been documented in prominent studies such as:
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Measures of Effective Teaching Project
- Harvard's Center for Education Policy Research's The Best Foot Forward Project
- RAND Corporation's Improving Teaching Effectiveness: Access to Effective Teaching
- Georgia's Governor’s Office of Student Achievement (GOSA)'s 2015-2016 End-of-Year Evaluation Report for the Reading Mentors Program
We have also been featured in numerous prominent publications.
Furthermore, we regularly collaborate with foundations and organizations including the US Department of Education, The Aspen Institute, and The Broad Foundation on issues related to educator effectiveness initiatives, such as:
- school leadership
- school improvement and turnaround
- return on investment on professional development
- CCRS standards-based professional development
- instructional coaching for teachers
We founded Insight ADVANCE to support educator coaching, feedback, and calibration in K12 and higher education.