Syracuse City School District: A Case Study in Teacher & School Leader Effectiveness
Since 2011, Insight has provided multi-faceted support to the Syracuse City School District, a district of nearly 20,000 students who are majority low-income and students of color.
Working across 100% of SCSD schools, Insight has led the design, development, and implementation of a variety of SCSD initiatives and systems, including:
- instructional feedback and coaching;
- targeted school support for turnaround schools;
- SCSD’s teacher and principal effectiveness systems;
- diagnostic school reviews;
- technical assistance sessions;
- strategic academic plans; and
- leadership academies for leaders at all levels.
Our coaching and feedback for teachers and teacher leaders impacts over 1,700 teachers in Syracuse.
A compelling example of the results of our collaboration supporting schools are reflected in gains made in the school improvement indicators evaluated during the school review process.
Through the close relationships with district-level leaders that we have cultivated and sustained, we have helped the district make tremendous strides towards ambitious goals and supported them in prioritizing and action planning around key areas for improvement.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PARTNERSHIP'S IMPACT