Insight's Quality School Review (QSR) process and protocol has been used in a variety of schools and districts. We've also conducted state-led diagnostic reviews of districts and schools across the country.
Insight makes district and school reviews living processes by teaming with school leaders and educators to conduct a root-cause analysis and translate evidence directly into action.
We know what to look for and how to guide decisions on policy, practice, and resource allocation. And we work with school leaders at every step of the process to:
- Collect evidence through focused interviews, observations, and document analyses
- Identify existing strengths (assets) and areas of opportunity
- Generate practical reports based on triangulated data that inform systematic improvement efforts
- Facilitate targeted technical assistance sessions that help educators understand findings and how to act upon them to achieve real results
- Build structures to set and achieve ambitious short- and long-term goals
- Establish forums to clearly communicate progress and next steps
Highlights of our work
Syracuse City School District (NY)
As partners since 2011, Insight has served as an Outside Educational Expert for Syracuse City School District’s school review process and provided technical assistance for school leaders to act upon the findings and recommendations included in our reports.
DC Public Schools (Washington, DC)
Facing federal mandates to identify corrective actions for failing schools, DC Public Schools partnered with Insight to develop a comprehensive school review process.
Specifically, we developed and implemented the Effective Schools Framework, generated comprehensive reports of findings, and facilitated strategic planning sessions that guided the development of targeted school improvement plans.
State of California
Insight was approved by the California Department of Education in 2005 to serve as part of a State Assistance and Intervention Team (SAIT). With this designation, we are regularly called upon to conduct school reviews across the state as part of a collaborative process between a district, school, and the SAIT.
In addition, Insight frequently conducts quality school reviews for California charter schools. Our process is based upon criteria developed and/or endorsed by the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA) and is also aligned to the quality standards set forth by the National Association of Charter School Authorizers (NASCA).