Playbook: Teacher Recruitment & Retention
By prioritizing recruitment and retention in a new, systemic way, districts and schools can experience increased success in finding and retaining those teachers their students desperately need.
This practical playbook is a collection of some of the most effective strategies and tactics that are working to attract, screen, hire, and retain the teachers that districts need most, including:
- opportunities to learn, assess, and reflect on current practices that work and gaps to address;
- concrete, proven next steps for building a year-round, multi-stakeholder recruitment system that will attract more effective teachers;
- a variety of proven levers for improving support, growth, and leadership opportunities for retaining teachers; and
- 50+ pages of appendices with templates, forms, and guides for components of an effective recruitment campaign
- Interactive PDF (210 pages, 19.2 MB)