Job Posting: Senior Associate
Insight Education Group is an international educational consulting company that works with education leaders to develop the strategy and confidence to lead bold change—and provides the boots on the ground to make it happen.
As former teachers, coaches, school leaders and high-level district and state administrators, we appreciate the challenges, nuances, and opportunities of implementing large-scale change and we know the keys to making them stick.
Since 2000, we have supported schools, districts, charter management organizations and states through some of their largest challenges, including:
- successfully turning around chronically under-performing schools,
- training aspiring and current leaders to be strategic and get the right things done, and
- helping to change the culture of teacher growth to one of trust.
Learn more information about our company.
Senior Associates are primarily responsible for the implementation of contracts and serving as the primary point of contact for clients.
They lend their expertise in education reform, instruction, and project management. In addition, they have the ability to foster strong relationships with partners to execute contracts successfully and provide our clients with a high quality of service.
Senior Associates work closely with Managing Directors to manage contracts and with other associates to deliver services.
Based on the scope of the position described below, Senior Associates can expect a fast-paced work environment, and opportunities to work on a range of projects across the country with the ability to make deep impact in instruction and student achievement.
- strong interpersonal skills
- strong project management skills
- ability to think critically and strategically
- depth and breadth of knowledge in the field of K-12 education
- ability to thrive in ambiguity and be a self-starter.
This role comes with an expectation of regular travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Partnership Manager for a large contract and/or a portfolio of contracts, managing the day-to-day implementation of the work
- Responsible for understanding and executing the breadth of the contract requirements including keeping a pulse on staff utilization rates and the status of the contract budget
- Develop and execute an implementation plan Serve as direct, day-to-day point-of-contact for clients
- Work with the Managing Directors and other associates to design and implement services for clients including strategic consulting, planning and strategy design; coaching; training; program development; and resource development
- Manage the development and delivery of services to ensure that they are of high quality and meet the needs of the client (e.g., facilitate weekly team calls and debrief sessions post service delivery, provide feedback to teammates, etc.)
- Share deep instructional knowledge and expertise and utilize effective facilitation and coaching skills when working with school-based administrators, teachers, and coaches to drive their practice forward
- Provide considerable knowledge and expertise about education reform, research findings, policies and effective practices in key education reform areas
- Work with the Managing Directors to secure renewal opportunities for contracts
- Capitalize on strategic outreach opportunities to foster relationships and new business leads
- Position Insight for long-term success through public speaking engagements, presentations, publications
- Work with the Business Development team to document successes from work with partners and contribute to the writing of other marketing collateral
- Outstanding strategic thinking skills, including the ability to make meaning of unclear and sometimes opposing priorities to advise and move a client forward in work that maximizes their impact on student achievement
- Demonstrated experience in education leadership including leading professional development, coaching organizations/teams/programs, designing and implementing strategic plans and change management
- Experience in an administrative role (i.e., at the school or district level) is strongly preferred
- Outstanding project management skills including ability to manage multiple projects and budgets simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with partners and other constituents
- Experience and deep expertise in one or more of the firm’s practice areas including designing and implementing strategic plans, change management, coaching organizations/teams, and leading professional development
- Experience developing and implementing educator effectiveness systems and/or training in CCRS implementation is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral, written and client communication skills
- Strong academic record, including a graduate degree
- Strong commitment to improving student learning and achievement and moving education systems beyond the status quo
- Ability to “think on your feet” and inspire confidence in the team and clients Highly organized and a detail-oriented self-starter committed to quality
- Demonstrated experience working effectively on teams and with diverse constituencies
- Ability to manage group planning processes successfully
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Flexible, resourceful and good-humored
- Must thrive in and understand a fast-growing, fast-paced virtual office environment
- Willing to travel regularly
Insight Education Group is a virtual company headquartered in Encino, CA. We seek to hire the best person for the position, regardless of location. Currently, our staff members reside in California, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, and Washington D.C. The location for this position is flexible.
Insight Education Group provides competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package including a performance-based bonus based on individual and firm success, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) accounts.
Applications should include a letter of interest and current resume or curriculum vitae and should be submitted to the form on the right (or below on mobile devices).
Submit inquiries about the position here.
Insight Education Group is committed to providing equal opportunities.